Why is American Anti-Semitism on the Rise?
Because of AIPAC, unquestioning Pro-Israel sentiments and certain obnoxious American Jews, all contribute to a major part of the problem.
A friend of mine sent me an article from the Boston Globe, written by Steven R.Rosenberg [June 2,2016] delineating an interesting phenomena in the tony communities of Boston proper. It appears that in Newton and other upscale communities around the Boston/Cambridge environ; the incidents of anti-Semitic acts has risen in the last years. Most of the law-abiding citizens were completely aghast when they encountered over 60 episodes of swastikas and slanderous words chalked over the school buildings.
Clearly,I don’t condone such actions.
Yet,I have been waiting for this uptick in worldwide anti-Semitism for some time now. Having been born in a primarily Catholic country, Cuba; as well as, growing up with Latin-speaking-priests in Toulouse, France, I received a healthy dose of pre-pubescent anti-Semitism. Next,moving into New York’s Harlem, I knew the words,“kike” and ‘honky’ way before I understood how to read, The Jungle Book.
Later on in my professional career, I encountered anti-Semitism at Cornell University when I was informed that one particular fraternity wanted to rush me. Unfortunately, I was not a viable candidate because I was Jewish. So,I joined one of three Jewish fraternities. At Cornell University Medical College [New York Hospital], I encountered both anti-Semitism and anti-Catholicism [my Polish last name could be quite confusing]. Not until my graduate education at both Harvard Medical College and MIT did I feel that the burden of this ancient stigmata became, at best, irrelevant; if not, completely absurd.
I worked for a short while for Nixon who was considered anti-Semitic. In fact, he had the greatest numbers of Jews surrounding him and Henry Kissinger; and he was unduly kind to me when he left office. Similarly, James Baker and George Bush Sr. along with the former gracious Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, had to reprimand the Cuban born, NH Governor John Sununu, for his outlandish anti-Semitic comments that he had made during the Bush Sr. presidential race in 1988.
“Jews” were always a stand-out group of people who could be derided and deprecated.
That truth is not easy to accept.
As long as the Jews have considered themselves to be ‘the chosen people’, a solipsism of theological logic that still mystifies me to this day, some five thousand years later there will always be a ‘chosen people to pick upon’.
Yet, there are major mitigating circumstances to this supposed unforeseen increase in anti-Semitism.The American Jew has been spoiled and they have no idea of what real anti-Semitism feels, looks and sounds like.They have a highly distorted notion of anti-Semitism propagated by AIPAC, Neo-Conservative Jews, and Israel’s propaganda machinery.
Never in the history of a country like America, where you can be whatever you want, have so many self-avowed Jews been so destructive to the welfare of this great nation of immigrants.Let us enumerate the ways American Jews have brought upon themselves this barrage of anti-Semitism:
1) unrestrained pro-Israeli pressure from ersatz lobbying groups like AIPAC which act more like an extension of Israeli intelligence. AIPAC strong-arms the House of Representatives; the Senate; the US military; and the US Intelligence Community (primarily of Protestants/Catholics).
2) anyone who does not follow the contrived dictates of AIPAC is labeled as ‘anti-Semitic’ or ‘anti-Israel’.
3) 9/11 Stand Down/False Flag initiated by the Bush/Cheney administration involved David Wurmser, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Rabbi Dov Zuckheim, Doug Feith, Sandy Berger, Dennis Ross, Michael Chertoff et.al—all Jews whose allegiance to America is highly questionable, if not downright treasonous. Of course there will always be the token Afghani Muslim—Zalmay Khalizad.
4) Muslims [Saudi Arabians, Pakistanis] were blamed for 9/11 when in fact Mossad operatives were highly crucial to the preparation for the internal demolition of the Twin Towers and Building 7.
5) Israel uses the contrived Holocaust Narrative to manipulate the world into feeling guilty for actions that they [Ben Gurion,Jewish Committee] helped to inspire—the Judenrats [Germany,Poland]; Moroccan anti-Sepharidic uprisings—as well as the fact that they [Israeli] had no desire to save one Jewish Camp survivor during WWII [they preferred to receive 300 cows]. Both sides of my family were exterminated, BUT the number of six million Jews is both a gross exaggeration and a travesty of Judaic teachings.
6) we have the loudmouth American “chicken hawks” like Bill Kristol [neocon]; so-called Prof. Alan Dershowitz; Sheldon Adelson [Casino-crook]; flasher Anthony Weiner; Elliot Spitzer; et.al.
7) Not to be forgotten, is Bibi Netanyahu, a complete American fabrication along with his entourage of ex-patriates serving as senior officials in the Israeli government.
For every person I have listed above, there are others who have had accomplished much greater achievements with very little notoriety [see List of Israeli Americans in Wikipedia].
My point is simple.
Anti-Semitism has been around for centuries—rightfully or wrongfully. No psychiatrist, Rabbi, Priest or President can wish it, explain it, or educate it away. It’s part and parcel of the fabric of a Judeo/Christian world that arose from narratives which have foundations not in reason-- but in faith and the need to believe.
Similarly, prejudice against Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Agnostics, and any other forms of belief is inherent in the human condition. It’s part of a complex society riddled with diversities of gender, religion, ethnicity, economy, psychology, etc.
It is time for the American Jew as well as the leaders of Israel to keep their collective mouths shut because you all sound increasingly obnoxious and inappropriate. Unlike Anthony Weiner and his recently released documentary, we, Jews, do not have to fixate on our merits, shortfalls or anything else.Just accept the fact that you are an American who happens to be Jewish [about 70% feel that way].
We, the Diaspora/Holocaust Jews, paid the price for establishing the State of Israel as a haven for Jews. We did not pay the inordinate moral/emotional expense for the gratuitous torture and denigration of an innocent people like the Palestinians—ironically, considered as the “Jews of the Middle East”.
From the pen of the English writer, Martin Farquhar Tupper [Sacra Poesis]:
“Well timed silence has more eloquence than speech.