A Modest Proposal: Americans, Let’s Create a Third Independent Party based on Developing a Vibrant American Economy with Full Private/Government Cooperation and Pragmatism—Not Ideology!!
The recent ideological turbulence that highlighted the preferred legislative roads of personal self-aggrandizement over national concern has highlighted the need for a third political party.
Both Democrats and Republicans faired poorly in the recent brinksmanship that showcased legislative narcissism over national concern. Fighting in the proverbial sandbox of government, throwing noisome verbiage at one another belies a serious impediment of our present legislative system. For the most part, it has been structured along a bicameral system where both parties sever their allegiance to the nation along party lines or ersatz ideology formulated around legislation. What is missing is a serious reappraisal of the limitations of a two party system.
Our country was never based on simply adhering to one or another form of ideology. We were always a practical people. We were resourceful, constructive in our approach to life’s problems and respectful of individual differences. The organized eruption or eructation of a few immature and seriously malignant narcissists of both parties demonstrates the inherent limitation of a two party system. Due to lack of interest, laziness or hopelessness many disaffected voters have opted out of our participative democracy.
As a people, most of us are concerned primarily about our jobs, families, income, pension and quality of life. No matter what anyone says, most have very little concern for abortion or so-called ‘wars on terrorism’ when more practical factors like unemployment; the ability to start up a business and make a living for our families, are really foremost on our minds. In more simple jingoistic terms, we have lost our Manifest Destiny. So let's develop a political platform based on the following:
▪ Cease and desist overseas military incursions- save billions and rehab the negative USA image.
▪ Develop domestic economic and social stability appropriate for the information age.
▪ Establish term limits for all members of congress - ending congressional welfare system. Re-make representative government!
▪ Mandate that all citizens serve the US national interest by giving two years of their life to a domestic project or overseas service. This applies to nature-born and naturalized citizens.
▪ Relocate overseas corporate profits to the USA.
▪ Close tax loopholes which involve ‘dummy overseas corporations’ which really don’t exist but are ‘legal paper chicanery’.
Sidebar: Most people don’t realize that when the very rich claim that their assets are in a ‘Cayman Islands’ or ‘Irish Tax Free Account’ , the money is physically located in a NYC bank or investment bank and not ‘overseas’. It’s just a trick of the ‘pen’.
▪ Renovate/ReHab our K-12 Education system based on the new digital age and not an antiquated ‘child labor market’.
▪ Return American manufacturing under any or all conditions, to the USA.
▪ Re-evaluate all functions of the USG in a systematic, practical way consistent with well-established modern management practices- cut the fat!
▪ Re-Vamp our medical systems: concentrate not on symptoms and big pharma-- but on prevention, diet, and exercise.
▪ Repeal/overturn Citizens United decision by corrupt Roberts Supreme Court, return government and politics back to the regular people not the UBER RICH PEOPLE!
What I am suggesting, is neither radical nor particularly new. My recommendations are just common sense! Americans in general, have to take a greater interest in our their/our welfare, starting at the grass roots level. From there, build a national organization that becomes a clear and viable alternative to constant ‘brinksmanship’ and ‘doomsday’ scenarios. For many of us who lived through the Soviet-US nuclear confrontations, fears generated by two nations constantly at war, has been enough for one lifetime---at least for me. Let us not scare ourselves into potential self-destruction. Fear is not American attribute. It belongs to another century, and another place.
It’s time to rebuild America from within and create a new political party that has no agenda other than serving our own collective needs without prejudice or malice.